Easy tempeh salad bowl
The easiest, healthiest way to enjoy your fresh tempeh is simply to roast it in the oven and add it to your salad bowl as the main protein. If time is short, we recommend simply drizzling some olive oil and salt before baking it off. A 100 gram serving of tempeh contains 19 grams of protein – comparable to chicken breast which has 21 grams. Our choice of dressing is a grilled lemon but as with all salads, make it yours. Here’s more.
- 100g of tempeh
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Salad ingredients of your choice. We chose:
- Avocado, radish, cucumber, spinach, carrots, cherry tomatoes, lemon
- Pre-heat oven and cut the tempeh into cubes.
- Place tempeh cubes on an oven tray. Drizzle olive oil and sea salt. Mix well.
- Once the oven is hot, place the tempeh cubes in and allow to roast for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- As tempeh cooks, prepare your salad ingredients
- Allow tempeh to cool before placing on salad. Enjoy.